Welcome! to the Nineteenth Asian semifinal & the Sixth Indian National (2022-23)
The Foundation Society seeks proposals to design and build the first space settlement to establish large-scale industrial operations in cis-lunar space.
This contest puts high school students in the shoes of aerospace industry engineers designing a city in space that will be a home for over 10,000 people.
Each year the Competition organizers develop a new design concept with its own special requirements. Contest teams work together to create a 40-page report (see samples from index) that addresses the issues and communicates their ideas and designs.
ATTENTION: Given the situation due to COVID-19 pandemic the live competitions will most likely be hosted virtually. As we get closer to the event, more details will be made available to the qualified teams.
The prize: Sixteen finalist teams from around the world are selected to compete with a new scenario in a live Competition at NASA Kennedy Space Center in Florida, with real engineers sharing their knowledge and experience in both engineering and management.
Teams Qualified for ISSDC 2022
- Asia / India Semi-Final winning Team – Lakshmipat Singhania Academy, Kolkata
- Asia / Non-India Semi-Final winning Team – Lahore Grammar School, Johar Town, Lahore, Pakistan
- Asian Semifinal Invited Team – Spaceraker Team, China
- International QR Invited Team – Harrow International School, Hong Kong
- International QR Qualifier – Amity International School Noida (India)