Welcome! to the Twentieth Asian semifinal & the Seventh Indian National (2023-24)
This year the Foundation Society is asking contractors to propose the design, development, construction, and operations planning of the third large space settlement community in Earth orbit.
This contest puts high school students in the shoes of aerospace industry engineers designing a city in space that will be a home for over 10,000 people.
Each year the Competition organizers develop a new design concept with its own special requirements. Contest teams work together to create a 40-page report (see samples from index) that addresses the issues and communicates their ideas and designs.
ATTENTION: Given the continued situation with COVID-19 pandemic, we may have virtual live events. As we get closer to the event, more details will be made available to the qualified teams.
The prize: Sixteen finalist teams from around the world are selected to compete with a new scenario in a live Competition at NASA Kennedy Space Center in Florida, with real engineers sharing their knowledge and experience in both engineering and management.
Teams Qualified for ISSDC 2023
- Asia / India Semi-Final winning Team – The Doon School, Dehradun
- Asia / Non-India Semi-Final winning Team – The Experimental High School Attached to Beijing Normal University— Stochastic
- Asian Semifinal Invited Team – Lahore Grammar School, 55 Main, Lahore
- International QR Qualifier – Amity International School, Noida, India
- International QR Qualifier – Lakshmipat Singhania Academy, Kolkata, India